Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Blog 1: My News Sources

KCRA 3 Exclusive: What's in the box?
KCRA News
I watch or listen to KCRA almost every morning when I'm home in Elk Grove because it is the local station for where I live. They provide unbiased reports on events in the surrounding counties and the only opinion segments are reviews of local businesses.

CNN Agrees to Pay $76 Million to Settle Allegations It Violated Federal  Labor Law - The New York TimesCNN
I prefer CNN for both foreign and domestic political news because the website is updated very frequently and you don't have to wait hours to read about a speech that was made minutes ago. My personal political leanings also align with most of their opinion pieces, though even I will admit I'd prefer more unbiased reporting of simple facts in most articles.
Instagram on the App Store


Instagram
Instagram is one of the best sources for pop culture news, product or service reviews, project inspiration and sometimes political opinion posts or videos. Being a social media platform, it is great for getting multiple points of view on a topic since anyone can share their feelings on almost any subject. That being said it is vital that one takes everything they see on the website with a grain of salt, anyone can post anything and it's important to take a step back and fact check any new information found.

Daily Mail in Discover Snapchat snapchat.com
Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html
Daily Mail is mainly pop culture news with occasional reports on large events like natural disasters or major political events. I mostly read their stories posted on Snapchat because they are easy, mostly lighthearted, stories about celebrities and large events that keep me up to date socially during the day since I'm not active on some social media sites where others get much of this information.


Good Day Sacramento - Home | Facebook
Good Day Sacramento
Being from the Sacramento area I enjoy local news and lighthearted reports on stories in the area. Good Day Sacramento is a very casual version of morning news with breaks between stories for games and trivia or interactions with viewers. They feature local entrepreneurs and showcase small businesses in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

    I love social media. I am painfully aware of the impact it has had on my self image and mental health since I first made an Instagram ac...